NuffNang

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My BlackBerry Barkada Emblem Design







   I own a Blackberry Curve 8520. I know it's an old model, but it still keeps me connected to my social friends via Facebook and Twitter apps, I can also keep in touch with my friends and family abroad via BBM. 


   My IOS and Android friends keep asking me why I still use a Blackberry?

My answer is quite simple, my relationship with my Blackberry is mostly out of convenience. It fits my needs perfectly while keeping me connected to everyone, wherever I am. The Blackberry has the best and cheapest service that no IOS or Android can have. Try keeping connected with Socially for only Php300 a month or Php600 for a Complete Blackberry plan. Try topping that with your IOS and Android plans which could go over Php1000 a month. No matter what service provider you prefer, be it GLOBE, SMART or SUN, you are always connected to your friends via BBM.

   Just like having different models of a laptop to do different kinds of tasks. Do I really need a high end laptop if I will only be using it for updating my status on Facebook or editing documents on Microsoft Word? The only obvious reason or limitations my old Blackberry has are what keep connected to reality. It does what I really need to do, like typing a long email or message using the very reliable QWERTY keyboard, unlike the iPhone or Android keyboard that have typing errors frequently or that autocorrect fail. I can always use my laptop or desktop if ever I needed more power to do the task. Theres is a lot of little things that my Blackberry can do that seperates it from the IOS and Android phones. I can set the LED color for different sets of people like friends and family so I can distinguish who is calling or sending me a message in a glance without looking at the message itself. If another phone or smartphone can do anything better than my current phone, maybe I would consider switching, but preferably and still a Blackberry. 

   But, as of the moment, I am not able to upgrade to a newer model of the Blackberry Curve. Due to financial problems with the company I am working for, Our salaries are delayed by 4 months and therefore I have to wait until the Blackberry price go down, maybe next year when our company stabilizes.

   The most important aspect for me when it comes to using your smartphone is communication, and the is the one thing that I strongly believe that can't be beat. Sending an email, tweet or Facebook message on my Blackberry takes only a few seconds, and I haven't found any other phone OS that can offer me the ease of use and simple management. Clearly that the physical QWERTY keyboard has a great advantage over touch screen keyboards. I want to communicate quickly and efficiently and always rely on my trusty Blackberry. So I created this emblem that represents the 3 major networks inside a BBM dialogue balloon.


It all boils down to the fact that...... 


......my BLACKBERRY CURVE 8520 works for me, and that's what keeps me connected to my Blackberry barkada and family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages